The church is the bride of Christ and he has chosen all believers to advance his kingdom. The objective of the Women of Faith (WoF) Ministry is to identify opportunities for women of all ages to grow in their knowledge of God, express their God-given spiritual gifts, and share the gospel beyond our Sunday morning and evening worship services. The WoF is identified as a crucial discipleship ministry and is fully supported by the session.
Through its numerous activities and service opportunities the WoF strives to follow the church’s discipleship model.
- Contacting – Identify opportunities to share the gospel with non-believers or those looking for a church home.
- Converting – Offer an invitation to our Sunday worship where the whole council of God is proclaimed.
- Disciple – Teach women the gospel so they can worship their King more fully. Disciple’s are taught by members of the church, invited guests, or by going to session approved seminars.
- Service – Inspire women to want to serve others in the name of their King.
- Leader – Identify gifts and provide women an opportunity to lead.
- Multiplier – As women grow in faith support their ministry as it leads others to Christ and advances His Kingdom.
We are a Covenantal church; our intent is to remain primarily inclusive allowing God to work inside and through families as He designed. The Women of Faith ministry simply provides a spiritual umbrella to include all women of our church to ensure no one is excluded. The WoF Ministry plans a quarterly group function that ministers to all women of the church often consisting of a prayer breakfast and teaching session. Additionally, many women find their niche in the broader activities of the church by teaching Sunday School, singing in the choir, hosting Family Fellowship Groups, acting as greeters on Sunday morning, and working with our Covenant children. Others work outside the church supporting our denomination and missionaries around the globe. Still others work quietly supporting our church through hospitality visits, managing the prayer chain, decorating our sanctuary for special events, and rallying support for new mothers.
In our church there is no shortage of opportunities for women of all ages to express their God-given gifts and share the gospel beyond our Sunday morning and evening worship services.