MISSION STATEMENT: (Why we exist)
Faith Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God. By God’s grace and for His glory, we seek the way, find the truth and live the life through prayer and the faithful teaching of God’s word. Our ministries emphasize worship, teaching, discipleship, and outreach.
VISION: (Our Future)
Our church, our community, and our world made new by the grace of Christ, through the transforming power of the gospel.
Core values are often unwritten assumptions that guide our actions. They demonstrate our convictions and priorities and are confirmed by our actions, not just our words. Values are not a doctrinal statement; they are convictions that determine how our church operates. Naturally, because we are a collection of diverse individuals, we all have slightly different values with regard to how we go about serving Christ. Yet certain common values unify our efforts and define our distinctive. We can summarize our core values using the following statements.
1. GLORY OF GOD – We believe the purpose of all of life is to glorify God, our Creator and Redeemer (1 Corinthians 10:31; Romans 11:36). In order to make God’s worth more evident to all people, Faith Presbyterian’s aim is excellence and integrity in all of His ministries.
2. WORD – We believe the Bible is God’s inspired word. It is without error, completely trustworthy, and provides hope and instruction for every aspect of life. It is the only perfect rule for what to believe and how to live. (John 20:31.) This includes the concept of gospel-teaching for life change. The Gospel is the good news that the whole world needs to hear, and that we, as God’s people, need to hear again and again. The Gospel is not only the way of entrance into the family of God; it is also the means of growth within that family. (Colossians 1:3-6.)
3. WORSHIP – We believe consistent personal and corporate worship is central in the life of every believer and the church. Worship is the proper response of all human beings to God (Psalm 95:1-3, Psalm 96:1-6). Faith Presbyterian centers its worship on grace, which intentionally points individuals to Christ and his completed work for us on the cross.
4. PRAYER – We believe that God uses the prayers of his people to accomplish His sovereign purpose in individuals, the church, and the world. We seek to know God’s will through a personal, intimate relationship with him through the Holy Spirit, prayer, and his Word. Faith Presbyterian encourages individual, family, and corporate prayer. (Luke 6:12-13, I Thessalonians 5:17, James 5:13-18.)
5. DISCIPLESHIP – We believe God designed us to live as a community of believers where service, support and encouragement demonstrate his love and help produce maturity. God’s love is expressed through loving others.
RELATIONSHIP – Jesus said there was no greater commandment than to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:28-34). Love of others through Christ is the essence of all healthy relationships.
RESPONSIBILITY – Faith Presbyterian is a covenant community with the task of training our children in the fear and knowledge of the Lord. Parents, especially fathers as covenant heads of their household, should teach their families at home and lead in family worship. Our task is to train and guide parents for this important role. (2 Timothy 3:14-15, Deuteronomy 11:19).
SPIRITUAL GROWTH – We believe a commitment to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth and the development of a Biblical Christian worldview is vital for all members. This is best achieved through small group participation, structured discipleship, mentoring, and other Christian education ministries. (Ephesians 4:25-26, 32, Hebrews 12:1, Philippians 1:6, Matthew 6:1-24, Acts 2:44-47, Philippians 2:1-11, 2 Corinthians 8:7)
6. OUTREACH – We believe Good News of the grace of Christ is the most important message an individual will ever hear. Faith Presbyterian commits to a robust and comprehensive gospel outreach that encompasses both the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40). The church’s spoken and unspoken witness proclaims the message of salvation through faith in Christ alone. Believers are called to be ministers of reconciliation in the contexts in which they have been placed: families, friendships, workplaces, and neighborhoods.
SERVICE – We believe every member has unique gifts to be discovered, developed, and deployed for ministry. (1 Corinthians 12 and 14, Romans 12, Ephesians 4, James 2:1-26, Psalm 133:1). We commit to sacrificially serving our church family and neighbors by using our gifts and resources for the needs of others, especially the poor.
NEAR AND FAR REACH – In addition to our daily, individual responsibility to minister the gospel, and the weekly presentation of the gospel in our corporate worship, Faith Presbyterian actively supports intentional gospel outreach in the community, and in the world through word and deed. Faith Presbyterian has a strong commitment to foreign missions, prayerfully and financially supporting endeavors in Turkey, Africa, North America, and Europe. (Matthew 28:19-20.)
These common values help us live out the gospel in Merritt Island. (Colossians 3:15-17).